Friday, June 1, 2012

Our Crazy Bunch!

Ok, it's June 1st, so I decided that if I am going to do this thing, I had better get started. First a little background. I HAVE A BIG FAMILY!!! Let me elaborate. I have 2 children from a previous marriage, and my husband has 3 children from his previous marriage. Together, we are one kid short of a crazy Brady Bunch! Since my hubs is a tad bit older than I am, two of his three are grown and married, and his baby will be a senior in high school this year. My daughter is in jr. high, and my baby boy is in 6th grade. That gives us a total of FIVE kids, a daughter-in-law, a son-in-law, and here is the kicker, A GRANDDAUGHTER!!!  That's right, I am a 32- year old grandma and I love every minute of it! Just to give you some idea how insane life is for us, let me show you are most recent family picture. (Just got them back today, hence the blog actually taking form.)


(From left to right:) My daughter-Alex, my son, Thomas, Jeff's youngest daughter-Trinity, his oldest-Travis, Travis's wife-Stephanie, Aleta's husband- Mike, Jeff's middle daughter-Aleta, and Aleta and Mike's daughter-River. (The granddaughter) The two on the slide would be the hubby, Jeff, and myself. Anyone confused?

Travis and Stephanie both graduated from college a couple weeks ago, and the day after Stephanie's graduation, Jeff and I and Stephanie's parents followed our children to Madison, WI. We hauled everything we owned up there because Travis was offered an amazing job shortly before receiving his degree. So off they went. We miss them terribly, and it has only been 2 weeks :-(



Aleta, Mike and River live directly across the street from us. When we bought our home in August, we discovered the house across the street was for rent, and moved them in in September. Our dear little River came in October to bless our lives, and we have been the luckiest grandparents since.



Trinity will be starting her senior year this fall, she was a freshman when I met her. Oh how bittersweet seeing how much she has grown into an adult, but still want to keep her home.


Alex will be starting 8th grade. Right now we are busy with softball season. She has played since 3rd grade and we get uber-excited every year when the sign up form comes home. Last fall she played volleyball, and I am quite certain we will do that again this year.


Thomas begins his last year in elementary school this fall. He isn't into any sports, but loves his video games, anything Nerf, and acting goofy. As a matter of fact, he is all decked out in Nerf gear and at a friend's house a few blocks up. Since moving to this small town in August, I have had several people come up to me and say that they love to go by and watch him sword-fighting in the front yard. I guess I am raising another knight, because he constantly practices his battle skills against the air in the yard.


That's enough for today. It is a long background for me to keep track of, let alone anyone that doesn't know us.

Until tomorrow, have a great day,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment