Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catching Up

Well, since I haven't posted since Saturday, I figure today would be a good day to catch everybody up. We had a lazy, productive, 3-day weekend. Yes, I know, lazy and productive equals an oxymoron, but what I mean by that is we were able to work on our projects at our own pace. If we wanted to stop and take a nap, we could have. There were no kids home and no errands to run, so Jeff and I just worked on what we wanted.  He mowed the yard on Saturday, and when I went outside to move the dogs for him, was surprised by his dad mowing the other side of the yard. My in-laws live across the alley behind us, so they can see everything we are outside doing. I guess my father-in-law just wanted to have something to do. You have to watch out for that man sometimes. Being retired, he still likes to stay busy, and will not only work on his projects, but will join in on yours too!! I love it. He has years of experience, so when a problem arises, he is usually our go to guy. My dad is the same way, but he lives 20 minutes away. So between the two dads, we usually have a great resolution to whatever conflict we encounter.

Anywho, back to our weekend, enough about the dads. I planted new flowers in the flower bed after weeding it. I will put pictures up as soon as they grow. Don't want to just assume I know what I am doing with flowers.
Saturday evening, my mom and stepdad invited Jeff and I over for steaks on the grill. She wanted to show me some projects they had finished at their house, so off we went. When we got there, my mom had made one of my favorite dishes, cheesy hashbrown casserole, to go with our steaks on the grill. It was a surprise anniversary dinner for Jeff and I. We sat on the deck and enjoyed a few drinks, and ate, and had a GREAT time. Thanks Mom and Randy!

Sunday, we returned to my mom's house to help them put in a new stove that they had bought on Saturday. We took the old one out and were able to bring it home for Mike and Aleta to get a free upgrade to their current stove. We worked on the garden for a little while, but the humidity was horrible and soon, Jeff and I had to take our second showers of the day. Gotta love Iowa weather. We relaxed and watched movies for the rest of the night.

Yesterday was our anniversary. We had planned to sleep in and not to anything for the day, but of course that didn't work. We were both up pretty early and started working on projects. We called off the work for the rest of the day and decided to go for a ride. We were headed to one of my favorite little thrift shops, when I realized they weren't open on Mondays :-( We decided to head around in a circle to another little town that has the best pork tenderloins in the world!! That was our anniversary dinner and we savored every  bite of it! We rarely get to go have one, so when we do, it is pure Heaven on a bun, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and onion. We came back home and just relaxed and played with the puppies for the rest of the day. We watched a couple of movies, and by 7 we were tired and wanted to go to sleep! We fought it though and stayed up until 9:30, and after that we were both out cold.

That was how we spend a lazy, productive, weekend. Hope you had a great one too!

Eventually I will remember that I have a blog now that needs pictures, and will remember to use my camera more often!

Until then,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment