Monday, July 30, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Wow, it has been awhile since I have blogged about anything. June 13th to be exact. Life has been hectic and crazy, so when I realized today is already the 30th of July, I HAD to update this page! Since my last post, a multitude of things have happened.

First, the hubby and I went to Wisconsin to surprise Travis for his birthday. That was a priceless moment!! This video is caught it perfectly. I will do a seperate post about our weekend with Travis and Stephanie real soon. Stay tuned.

Since my stepfather had recently purchased a couple of rental properties, one was in desperate need of new paint. Guess who scored that job....Muah!! Love it! I love to paint and make something look beautiful again, so when this opportunity came up, I jumped on it.

Then of course, there was the big 4th of July holiday. That was hectic. My mother and stepfather have a huge party every year, grilling, swimming, fireworks and of course, a few cocktails. It was a great time. More on that later too.

Travis and Stephanie came down on the 4th for a long weekend. A couple days with Steph's parents, and a couple days with us. It was wonderful. I miss them like crazy, but in three weeks, I spent 2 weekends with them!!! I will elaborate more, I promise. I am just trying to get caught up and not fall so far behind anymore.

The following weekend, July 14th, (keep up, people) I got my new kitchen floor!!! Not completely new, but new to me. We installed a floating wood floor that had been removed from my parents' home during their remodel. It turned out beautiful, and I love it!!

The hubby works hard to make me happy!

What a guy!

Almost done.

His initial look when I told him I needed a picture for my blog.

After a little attitude adjustment by his lovely, beautiful, amazing wife!
Love you, honey!

On the 17th, our teenager turned 17!!! 
Wow, I can't believe that she is a senior this year.

She has started working at the McDonald's in the neighboring town, so we don't see her very often. She is trying to get as many hours as she can before school starts again. Thinks she needs a car or something. She had one simple request for her birthday, a perm.
That's right, folks. She wanted her hair permed.

And here it is!!
She likes it and that's what matters. Although I tried to warn her about the poof and the frizz when it's humid. We had quite a lion with us when she couldn't wash it and it was 105 degrees. That was pretty funny. Before her perm, hubby had taken the day off, and the 5 of us went swimming. I will post those pics later, this post is already getting to long. LOL  

I think I will say goodbye on that note, and promise to fill you in on the rest. 

Later gators,
Jen



1 comment: